Gaithersburg Oktoberfest! Sunday, October 8th!
Gaithersburg Oktoberfest Returns on October 8th
The City of Gaithersburg is excited to announce the return of its annual Oktoberfest celebration on Sunday, October 8th, 2023, from noon to 5 p.m. The festival will take place in and around the Arts Barn, Kentlands Mansion, Kentlands Village Green, and along Main Street and Inspiration Lane. Admission and parking are free.
Oktoberfest is a traditional German festival that celebrates the end of the harvest season. It is known for its beer, food, music, and dancing. The Gaithersburg Oktoberfest will feature all of these things and more.
The following is a tentative schedule for the Gaithersburg Oktoberfest:
- 12:00 p.m. - Festival opens
- 12:30 p.m. - Alte Kameraden German Band performs
- 1:30 p.m. - Alt-Washingtonia Bavarian Dancers perform
- 2:30 p.m. - Sol Roots performs
- 3:30 p.m. - La Unica performs
- 4:30 p.m. - Donuts for Dinner performs
- 5:30 p.m. - The Real Geniuses perform
- 5:00 p.m. - Festival closes
In addition to live music, the Gaithersburg Oktoberfest will also feature a variety of activities for all ages, including:
- Professional pumpkin carving and apple cider pressing demonstrations
- Fun inflatables
- Hands-on crafts
- Pumpkin and face painting
- Balloon twisting
- Artists and crafters
- Family activities
- Strolling entertainers
Food and Drink
There will be a variety of food and drink vendors at the Gaithersburg Oktoberfest, including:
- German food and beer
- American food and drinks
- Non-alcoholic beverages
The Gaithersburg Oktoberfest is located at 506 South Frederick Avenue in Gaithersburg, Maryland. There is free parking available at the Kentlands Mansion and the Arts Barn. There is also a free shuttle service that will run regularly during festival hours to and from satellite parking located at 101 Orchard Ridge Drive.
Tips for Attending
Here are a few tips for attending the Gaithersburg Oktoberfest:
- Arrive early to beat the crowds.
- Wear comfortable shoes, as you will be doing a lot of walking.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat, as the festival is outdoors.
- Bring cash, as some vendors may not accept credit cards.
- Be sure to try some of the delicious food and drink options.
- Have fun and enjoy the festival!
The Gaithersburg Oktoberfest is a great event for the whole family. Be sure to come out and celebrate the end of the harvest season with us on October 8th!