Are you a veteran who served in the Gulf War era or after 9/11?
Are you a veteran who served in the Gulf War era or after 9/11? If so, you may be eligible for new VA health care and benefits under the PACT Act. The PACT Act is a new law that expands VA health care and benefits for veterans exposed to burn pits, Agent Orange, and other toxic substances. Today, August 9th, is the last day to apply if you want it backdated!
The PACT Act adds to the list of health conditions that we assume (or "presume") are caused by exposure to these substances. This means that you don't need to prove that your service caused your condition. You only need to meet the service requirements for the presumption.
Some of the new presumptive conditions include:
- Cancers of the gastrointestinal, head, neck, kidney, lymphatic, respiratory, and reproductive systems
- Glioblastoma and melanoma
- Asthma, chronic bronchitis, COPD, chronic rhinitis, chronic sinusitis, constrictive bronchiolitis, emphysema, granulomatous disease, interstitial lung disease, pleuritis, pulmonary fibrosis, and sarcoidosis
- High blood pressure and monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS)
There are also many other health conditions that we presume are caused by exposure to toxic (or hazardous) materials. If you have any of these other conditions, you may be eligible for health care or benefits.
If you have a presumptive condition, you can file a claim now to apply for PACT Act-related benefits. You can file a disability claim online or apply for VA health care. If you apply for PACT Act-related benefits before August 10, 2023, then your benefits will be backdated to August 10, 2022 – the day the bill was signed into law. This means that you can receive more compensation for your disability.
Don't miss this opportunity to get the care and benefits you deserve. The deadline to apply for backdated benefits is August 9th, 2023. Apply today and share this information with your fellow veterans. The PACT Act is a historic achievement for veterans' health and well-being. Let's make sure that every eligible veteran benefits from it.
- You can file a disability claim online through the VA's website.
- You can apply for VA health care online or by phone.
- You can visit a VA Regional Office in person and get help from a VA staff member.
- You can contact a Veterans Service Organization to assist with your claim.
If you apply for PACT Act-related benefits before August 10, 2023, then your benefits will be backdated to August 10, 2022 – the day the bill was signed into law. This means that you can receive more compensation for your disability.
🚨The deadline to apply for backdated benefits is August 9th, 2023. 🇺🇸
Source: Conversation with Bing, 8/8/2023
Image credit: (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)