Help Prevent Your Child From Getting Sick At School This Year
There are several steps you can take to help prevent your child from getting sick at school. Here are some tips:
1. Encourage regular hand washing: Regular hand washing is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of germs and keep your child healthy. Teach your child to wash their hands after using the bathroom, before and after eating, and after sneezing or blowing their nose. If soap and water aren't available, your child can use a 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer to clean their hands.
2. Teach good hygiene: Teach your child to cough or sneeze into a tissue or their elbow to prevent the spread of respiratory infections.
3. Get enough sleep: Sleep is important for keeping the immune system healthy and helping the body fight infection. Make sure your child gets the recommended amount of sleep for their age.
4. Eat a well-balanced diet: Eating a well-balanced diet can help boost your child's immune system and keep them healthy. Plan healthy meals that include plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and low-fat dairy products.
5. Stay home if sick: If your child is sick, keep them home from school to prevent the spread of illness to others. This will also give them time to rest and recover.
By following these tips, you can help keep your child healthy and prevent them from getting sick at school. 😊