NEED TRANSPORTATION ?
This article is from Gaithersburghelp.org
GAITHERSBURG HELP PROVIDES TRANSPORTATION
( Call 301-216-2510 #2)
The drivers will pick you up at your designated time, to get you to and from your destination in a timely manner.
Should a volunteer driver not be available, we may be able to provide you with a voucher to use for a taxi cab ride.
Our general guidelines are:
- You must be a senior, an adult with disabilities or otherwise unable to take public transportation
- You must be a Gaithersburg HELP service area resident
- Transportation scheduling is done by telephone. Please call with your ride request as soon as possible, between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm, and at least 48 hours (2 business days) before transportation is needed. Sorry, we cannot serve you without adequate time to attempt to find a driver.
- You must be available by phone so we can verify your information before we schedule your ride.
- Your medical appointment or service agency destination must be within a 20 mile driving distance of downtown Gaithersburg.
- Taxi rides may only be granted for the local area (distances up to 10 miles) and only if we cannot find a volunteer driver for your ride. This effectively limits taxi destinations to Gaithersburg, Germantown, and North Rockville.
- Taxi rides are limited to one-way or round trip to and/or from a single destination, i.e. multiple stops are not permitted.
- Clients may receive up to 18 rides per calendar year.
- Rides are no cost to you, but you are responsible for any parking fees where applicable. Please be prepared to pay cash or credit/debit card for any facilities that charge for parking and do not validate.
- Call us today at 301-216-2510 #2 if you are looking for transportation assistance.
We always recommend having backup transportation options for times when we are not able to help you and/or for when you need more than 18 rides per year. You may learn about other options by contacting the free referral source Connect-A-Ride (CAR) at 301-738-3252 or via email at connectaride@accessJCA.org.
Picture of help areas below: